Character Info Edit
Nate Wright is a 11-year-old in Regular Show originating from the "Big Nate" book series.
He is short (at the age of eleven, he is only 137 centimeters in height) and slender. It is implied that Nate has an extent of physical strength; this is never more evident than when he takes on Randy Betancourt, and nearly comes out ahead. While Randy is slender, he is much taller than Nate and has shown on a few occasions to possess unusual strength for one his age. Nate's most notable trait is his jet-black hair. It is done up into seven smooth spikes, and there is no other hair visible on his head. It has also been shown that his hair refuses to stay flat, as when Trudy tried to comb his hair to no success. Nate wears a short-sleeved T-shirt. The top is blue and takes up only a quarter of the shirt. The other three quarters below it are coloured yellow. He also wears blue jeans and white shoes.
Nate is 1.37 meters tall and weighs 39 kilograms. His BMI is 21.0, meaning he is at an average weight.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Nate Wright is very rebellious, vain, conceited, and arrogant. He also has greedy and angry tendencies that are usually a disadvantage, and he is very self absorbant. He has even compared himself to other immortal individuals. However, he is also funny (though many characters would say otherwise), noble, hardworking (depending on what he is doing) and he always sticks up for himself and his friends when they are being bullied. Despite the fact that his grade point average is very low, he is shown to be quite smart at various times, and is certified "street-smart". He also has an incredible imagination, as he has created many creative comic books (such as "Doctor Cesspool" or "Moe Mentum") and helped his friends out of several situations, including when he helped them discover the weakness of Jefferson Middle School and helped Chad hook up with Maya. His sarcastic/dramatic nature also tends to land him in the principal's office often. He has been given detention hundreds of times and he is unofficially the detention "tour guide", although he wears the title with pride. Nate is highly sarcastic, which is only built up when he is under pressure. However, he is able to keep most of these thoughts to himself or write them down.
He has Ailurophobia, meaning he is afraid of cats. However, this is not always consistent (for instance, he was willing to get Spitsy away from a feline called Pickles).
Nate Wright is a comic genius, and has created many comics of his own. He is also an amazing sportsman. His musical talent was enough that he created a band called "Enslave the Mollusk." While Nate is a great drummer, he is a terrible trombone player.
There are other things he excels at as well. Nate insists that he is destined for greatness. Every prank day at his school, he pulls off the most insane and sophisticated pranks of all. Apparently he is a very good treasure collector - his locker is a dump, but other kids mistake valuable items inside for junk. He has also seemed to have organized his locker, despite the apparent mess.
It is implied that he has some degree of combat skills and physical strength. For example, he has been shown to hold his own is a fight against the likes of Randy Betancourt and Ellen, both of whom have a size advantage over him. When he broke his wrist playing football, he was able to swing his cast against a bully with enough force to stun him. This is further shown by the number of times Nate swings objects at his friends with enough force to stun them.
While having a low GPA, he is a capable strategist, being able to outwit his opponents in chess with little to no effort. He has also outwitted bullies, typically by crushing them with the contents of his locker. This has been used to get him and his friends out of sticky situations.
He also has two strange abilities, both of which he acquired through unknown means:
- Sense of Smell: Perhaps his most bizarre ability, Nate has an extremely acute sense of smell, possibly surpassing the level of dogs. He has been able to detect minimal things through aroma alone on numerous occasions. For example, during a bet with Mr. Galvin, not only was he able to identify the object, which was a binder clip, he was able to smell what he had for lunch and that the clip was used to hold a lunch bag in place. He was also able to not only identify what was in Randy's lunch bag, but he was also able to read a note that his mother left him. His sense of smell is so acute that even Mr. Galvin implied that it was an affront to science.
- "Vibe" Awareness: Another unusual ability of Nate's is the ability to detect vibes, or how people are feeling. He can accurately detect people's vibes and interpret them, and has even tried to teach this to others, albeit with little success.
Sonic and Nate are the best of friends, despite getting into arguments frequently. Their snarky and sarcastic attitudes make them go together quite well. Despite that, they both use those personalities to their advantages, often calling each other out on what they do wrong. They both get on each other's nerves as well, as shown in the ending of Inception, when Sonic kicks Nate and Marshall out of the car. However, in these kinds of conflicts, they eventually make up. They both look out for each other, despite their arguments.
They seem to be friends, though they don't know much about each other.
In "Fighter Dive 2", Mordecai gave Nate a Lightsaber and a Sonic Screwdriver.
While not as good friends with him as he is with Sonic, Nate is quite caring for Zack. With Nate being the older out of the two (due to Zack never aging) Nate is usually the one that gives Zack advice, and Zack is partly responsible for keeping Nate alive in the Theory of Everything movie, which shows that they both look out for each other.
Being Zack's mom, Ashley cares deeply for Nate, and Nate cares for her as well. Despite that, they don't really talk much, due to Ashley's relationship.
Weapons And SuitEdit
- Physics Gun
- Baseball Bat
- Laser Blade
- Laser Pistol
- Techno Blade
- Sonic Screwdriver
- Laser Screwdriver
- Sonic Blaster
- Arm Swords
- Sonic Lance
- Arm Shields
- Kikaider Suit
- Nate has undergone many changes in his age in development of Regular Show. He was 12 in the first few seasons of his appearance, then 14 in one season, 13 in the next, then 10, and the final choice was 11.
- There is no known reason as to why the devlopers switched around the age.
- When the voice of Nate was being considered, the staff went with the person that pitched the idea of Nate in the show, but his voice was considered too deep for he role. The staff then went with Steven Page for the role.
- He makes a guest appearance in the episode Fighter Dive 2 from The Avenging Regular Show Unlimited.
- Like Sonic the Hedgehog, Nate's voice actor had to be changed for movies in The Forerunner Saga and beyond. Kwesi Boakye, Darwin's old voice actor, was chosen for this role.