Character Info Edit
Skips Miller, formerly known as Walks, is he fifth main character of Regular Show. He is an immortal yeti who works at the park as a groundskeeper. He helps Benson a lot, and fixes many of the mistakes that Mordecai and Rigby make. He is very wise, and has a knowing of many things to those of the unknown, due to his past of immortality. Skips made his first appearance in the pilot. Skips is voiced by Mark Hamill.
Skips is a yeti (standing at 6'1") with yellow-ish eyes, wearing only jeans with a brown belt. He closely resembles a gorilla. He has large muscles and abs, though he has small hands. He has white hair all over his body except for his hands, feet, chest area and his face. Also it is revealed that he lost some of his hair so he made a combover.
In Mordecai Mounds vs. Bugs Booms: Laff-A-Lympics the Movie: Riders of Final Battle Featuring Power Rangers x Masked Rider x Kamen Rider x VR Troopers x Beetleborgs He wears a leather jacket and leather pants.
Personality and TraitsEdit
He has an interesting and mysterious past due to his immortality. Everybody relies on him to solve supernatural problems, and he almost always has the answer. There have only been a few occasions where he didn't know what to do, such as in "Brain Eraser" when, although he knew how to delete Mordecai's memory of Pops' nudity, he didn't know how to exit the video tape, he also couldn't fix error 219 on Mordecai and Rigby's computer. In "Skunked", where his best ideas (a shower and coffee) didn't work. And in "Sugar Rush" he said to give Pops more sugar to stop his sugar rush, however this only made it worse, however Rigby knew what to do by giving him the opposite of more sugar: Benson's whole wheat donut. Skips also admits that he doesn't know what's wrong with Rigby in "This Is My Jam ", and even goes so far as to give advice that indirectly worsens the situation.
Skips is often quiet and is one of the least vocal character of the show, spending the majority of his spare time working out in the golf cart garage which doubles as his home. Despite his monotone expressions, he can be seen having a good time joking around, such as in "This Is My Jam", where he jokes with Mordecai and Rigby that he knew everything, though admits afterwards that he only knew about their plan because he was "on the can" while they were talking about it. Skips has great self-esteem and pride in his knowledge and strength, once going so far as to kill Rigby when he beat Skips at arm wrestling.
He is considerably friendly with the other groundskeepers, and seems to be good friends with Benson; convincing him to take a break in "Party Pete" due to the stress he was going through. Overall, he's always willing to assist anybody that needs him and his expertise, despite how annoyed with the situation he might be. Skips rarely ever walks or runs, but when he is punched in the face by the bouncer at Carrey O'Key's Karaoke Bar, he runs after his attacker, and throws him into a table, which breaks with the force of Carl/The Bouncer's weight and he walk while Benson is driving the cart to pull Rigby's head out of the black hole in "First Day".
Mordecai has a better relationship with Skips than Rigby does, and displays friendship and responsibility towards him. Mordecai always looks toward Skips for any help for any matter, with the presumption that Skips can fix anything with his seemingly infinite wisdom, except computers. In one instance, Mordecai voluntarily sacrifices the chocolate cake he and Rigby wanted so badly to save Skips from dying in the episode "Free Cake."
Skips behaves slightly more negatively toward Rigby, and as a result, less friendly. Skips knows that it's usually Rigby's fault for all sorts of horrible events that occur, but always remains patient enough to fix the problem and teach both of them a lesson. Skips does not approve of Rigby's immature behavior, one time going as far as to kill him. Skips might have a little bit of respect for Rigby, such as trying to bring back his life by winning an arm wrestling match, breaking his own hand allowing Rigby to play in a video game tournament with Mordecai, giving Rigby advice on being truthful about cheating on a bet, and even in social outings with the other Park Employees.
Even though Skips is employed by Benson, the two are at least friends, if not good friends. As seen in "Meat Your Maker", Skips chugs soda while Benson and Pops cheer him on. Benson has the utmost respect for Skips, as he is a hard worker and very dependable. Benson left Skips in charge while he took the day off in "Party Pete" without realizing he was going to let Mordecai and Rigby have their party anyway.
Pops and Skips do not interact too much throughout the series. It is shown in "Skips vs. Technology" that he has known Pops as a child. Although they don't appear to hate each other, Skips, being deep and knowledgeable, may be bored with Pops' childish, overly free-spirited attitude. He warns Mordecai and Rigby not to teach him words he shouldn't use.
Hi Five GhostEdit
Skips and Hi Five Ghost are rarely seen interacting with one-another, though it can be assumed that the two like each other based on their friendly natures. Two notable interactions between the pair include Hi Five Ghost challenging Skips to an Arm Wrestle "Over the Top", and Skips and Hi Five Ghost going to prank the Rival Park in "Prankless".
Gary is Skip's rival and he is also the one who takes Skips to The Guardians of Eternal Youth in his El Camino.
The Guardians of Eternal YouthEdit
The Guardians granted Skips his eternal youth, but only if he does his Spirit Dance every year on his birthday.
Skip's Lover Edit
In Diary, it was revealed that Skips had a woman who used to skip with him every day, but he lost her due to unknown reasons. Because of this, he vowed to skip both night and day for the rest of his life, and he then changed his name from Walks to Skips.
- Strength - Skips is best known among his friends for his superior strength (i.e. punching open a punching bag in "Over the Top"). It was also evidenced in "Death Punchies" that he accidentally sent Rigby to the hospital by punching him too hard.
- Skippingw- Despite originally being named "Walks", Skips always skips, no exceptions. Hence, he changed his name to Skips. In the episode "Diary" it was revealed that he skips because he had a lover who skipped with him all the time. When he lost her he vowed to skip for the rest of his life so he could never forget the memories he had with her.
- Self-Esteem - Skips is very self-assured, always enjoying being praised by his friends. However, when he loses his standing as the best at something, Skips becomes upset, adopting a single-minded determination until he is able to prove himself.
- Eternal Youth - By being granted eternal youth by The Guardians of Eternal Youth, Skips is able to live indefinitely young in exchange for performing a spirit dance directed toward said guardians every birthday.
- Knowledge - Due to Skips having immortality, he has seen many things in his past and has a strong knowledge of the unknown. He usually always has an answer to everything. But in the episode "Sugar Rush", Skips said that eating more sugar will make them slower but when they eat the whole wheat donut, it saved them and Rigby proved Skips wrong.
- Arm Wrestling- Skips is seen very good at arm wrestling in "Over The Top" and lost to Rigby because he was cheating.
- Bass Guitar Player- As seen in "This Is My Jam", Skips knows how to play the electric bass guitar.
- Video games - Skips is an extremely adept gamer, playing with Mordecai in Video Game Wizards,in a fighting games tournament in the place of Rigby, performing with considerable technique and finesse, and upon being replaced by Rigby, leaves without arguing, when asked why, he expresses his gratefulness that Mordecai finally learned his lesson about gaming, and expressed that the game was "too easy anyway".
- Ninja Sword
- Fists of Justice
- "Yeah, I've seen this before." (catchphrase)
- "The reason I always skip is in all my life my heart yearned for only one woman. And we use to skip together all the time. The day I lost her I vowed to skip everyday for the rest of my life. So that I'd never forget the time we spent together."
- "We tried it the nice way, now we do it the Skips way".
- "Oh I'll pay for it. Right after Rigby gives me a rematch".
- "Well, that's just your opinion, Death."
- "Fools! You interrupted my spirit dance! "Don't realize what you've done?"!
- "Gary! You don't have to do this!"
- "Oh yeah. How's the old arm holding up?"
- "Techmo? Do I know you?"
- "I'm trying to figure out how to fix an Error 220."
- "don't you know that's an evil game?"
- "This is bad. This isn't regular skunk spray. You could try taking a shower, or if that doesn't work, coffee will dehydrate you and draw some of the smell out."
- "Sorry guys, they only serve one burger per customer."
- "I gotta say I feel bad for you guys. You won't be around for the next centenial to enjoy this."
- "You wrote in the book of park records?"
- "You're not thinking about the song anymore, are you?"
- "I know everything remember?"
- Yeah in about 400 years.
- "That the most realstic drumming I ever heard."
- It's you! ("Bugs Bunny's Laff-A-Lympics the Movie: Riders of Adventure")
- Hah! I let you get away last time, but definitely NOT today! ("Bugs Bunny's Laff-A-Lympics the Movie: Riders of Adventure")
- Em, sorry. ("Bugs Bunny's Laff-A-Lympics the Movie: Riders of Adventure")
- Nice try, buddy! ("Bugs Bunny's Laff-A-Lympics the Movie: Riders of Adventure")
- Gah! The track then; we'll settle this there! ("Bugs Bunny's Laff-A-Lympics the Movie: Riders of Adventure")
- Wait just a minute or second, since when did she break up with you, I thought your interest in Margaret.
- Huh? [the paintbrush paints a mustache under his nose] (""Pranks a Lot"")
- MORDECAI RIGBY HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
- DARWIN DID WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
- darwin you should've eat the fruits and vegables slowly
- its not awesome without your bones just like not awesokme when rigby loses his body so mordecai helped me so gumball come help me find darwin's skeleton
- It was the only way to make sure Scientist Dalek was purged completely. ("Heroes Disassembled")
- Come on, Doctor needs us at the Tardis. He wants to show us something.
- (On Computer) Did you like to live at Avengers Tower? ("Fighter Fly")
- Where did Mordecai go? ("Randy Cunningham: Regular 9th Grade Ninja 6: The Final Chapter (Part 2)")
- (On Computer) We will. It belongs to us. ("Fighter Fly")
- (Swarms of Empire ships approached, destroying everything) (Sighs) Seems like we accidentally caused the Empire to be mad again.
- I think itmis more like sperm.
- Discord? Why is he here? ("The Gang Civil War")
- And then what happened?
- Wait. There's another android?
- You didn't tell them?
- You've got to come clean.
- What? What are you talking about?
- How did they find out?
- There's someting we need to tell you.
- What's up with them?
- Hey, have you seen them? We need to talk to them?
- Let's roll.
- Oh, here. I've made you a new one.
- Hey, come back here with our tap!
- YOU NEED ME!!!